We are currently seeking a highly dependable, detail-oriented professional to fill the role of Administrative Assistant, reporting to the General Manager. This role has a strong focus on providing administrative support to our team while also working cohesively with the operations team to ensure our fleet is compliant with company policies and industry regulations.
- Prepare and send invoices to customers
- Maintain and update driver files
- Maintain and update equipment files
- Save and process Bills of Lading and Proof of Delivery documents
- Obtain permits as required
- Create customs documentation for loads crossing the border;
- Communicate any driver related issues to load planner;
- Order entry and updating our planning database in a timely manner;
- Maintain compliance with all Municipal, Provincial, Federal and International laws and regulations;
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures;
- Administrative and other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years experience in administration and/or logistics (agriculture background preferred);
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Knowledge of hours of service and Electronic Logging Devices an asset
- Post-secondary education in logistics preferred (equivalent experience considered);
- Knowledge of customs and border clearance processes an asset;
- Strong focus on accuracy and detail along with exceptional time management skills;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel & Outlook;
- Attractive compensation package including company paid medical & dental benefits;
- Work-life balance and Employee Assistance Programs;
- On the job training & development and career growth opportunities;
- Employee Referral Program (up to $350 per successful referral);
- Paid vacation and personal days.
Truck Freight International, a division of Paterson GlobalFoods, has been hauling agricultural commodities since 1998. We specialize in the transportation of dry-bulk commodities such as grains, oilseeds, pulses, fertilizer, feed, organic grains, and salt. Our fleet of trucks is strategically positioned across Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta and we also service the U.S. market. Our courteous staff, top-notch equipment, and deep knowledge of the agricultural industry make TFI a leader in bulk hauling.